GPS Company NextNav to Go Public in $1.2 Billion SPAC Deal
- Wall Street ends sharply lower after hawkish Bullard spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Geolocation tech company NextNav announced it is going public via a merger with a special acquisition purpose company (SPAC) with Spartacus Acquisition Corporation (NASDAQ: TMTS).
The transaction is set to provide NextNav with $408 million in gross proceeds, including a $205 million PIPE investment and $203 million held in the SPAC’s trust. The company plans to use to continue expanding its businesses, developing its next-generation GPS platform, and include new offerings, one of which is already available in 4,400 cities.
Investors participating in the new PIPE include Koch Strategic Platforms, a subsidiary of the Koch Investments Group, funds managed by Fortress Investment Group, LLC, Ophir Asset Management, Woody Creek Capital Management, and Quantlab Disruptive Technologies, Iridian Asset Management LLC, and Sponsor of Spartacus.
“NextNav has spent over a decade developing its innovative 3D geolocation technology, bringing precise floor-level altitude to existing location services and in-building, resilient location and timing enhancements to traditional GPS capabilities,” said Gary Parsons, Chairman of NextNav’s Board of Directors.
The deal is expected to take the company’s pro forma enterprise valuation to roughly $900 million and reflects a pro forma market capitalization of approximately $1.2 billion, excluding redemptions.
Upon closing of the deal, the combined company will be named NextNav Inc., and its common stock will be listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “NN”.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Announces Agreement With Reverse Mortgage Solutions to Acquire Reverse Mortgage Servicing Platform
- Mirion Technologies to List on New York Stock Exchange Through Business Combination with GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II (GSAH)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, SPAC
Related EntitiesIridian Asset Management, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!