GMS Inc. (GMS) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
GMS Inc. (NYSE: GMS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.60, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.51. Revenue for the quarter came in at $751.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $728.44 million.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Highlights
(Comparisons are to the third quarter of fiscal 2020, except where noted.)
- Net sales of $751.2 million decreased 1.3%; organic net sales decreased 1.9%. On a per day basis, net sales increased 0.3% and organic net sales declined 0.3%.
- Net income of $16.1 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, increased 48.2%; adjusted net income of $25.9 million, or $0.60 per diluted share, increased 16.4%.
- Gross margin of 32.4% compared to 33.3%.
- SG&A and Adjusted SG&A as a percentage of sales were 24.6% and 24.2%, representing 80 and 100 basis points of improvement, respectively.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $62.6 million compared to $62.7 million; Adjusted EBITDA margin improved 10 basis points to 8.3% from 8.2%.
- Net debt leverage was 2.9 times as of the end of the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash provided by operating activities and free cash flow of $44.4 million and $38.4 million, respectively, compared to $65.4 million and $59.2 million, respectively.
“As a result of our team’s ability to seize opportunities and address challenges in dynamic market conditions, we delivered better than expected sales, higher net income and an improved Adjusted EBITDA margin in the third quarter,” said John C. Turner, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer. “We continued to realize benefits from our ongoing commitment to our strategic priorities of 1) expanding share in core products, 2) growing our complementary Other products offering, 3) platform expansion, and 4) improved productivity and profitability. During the quarter, we generated higher volume in wallboard, increased sales of complementary products and opened our Waco, Texas greenfield location.
“We are excited to be celebrating GMS’s 50th anniversary in 2021, and I am confident that our focus on our strategic priorities and our team’s continued drive to execute will position us to generate value for our shareholders well into the future,” Mr. Turner concluded.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on GMS Inc. (GMS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of New York (BK) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c, Revenues Beat
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Tops Q1 EPS by 43c
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!