G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Tops Q4 EPS by 7c, Revenues Miss; Offers 1Q EPS Guidance Above Consensus, 1Q Revenue Outlook Below Consensus
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
G-III Apparel Group (NASDAQ: GIII) reported Q4 EPS of $0.30, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.23. Revenue for the quarter came in at $526.24 million versus the consensus estimate of $533.89 million.
- Net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2021 decreased 35.0% to $2.06 billion from $3.16 billion in the prior year. The Company reported GAAP net income for the fiscal year of $23.5 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, compared to $143.8 million, or $2.94 per diluted share, in the prior year.
- The Company has completed the restructuring of its retail operations segment and has permanently closed the Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass stores. Included in the Company’s results for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2021, are net losses from the Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass store operations of $55.7 million, or $(1.14) per diluted share, compared to $31.7 million, or $(0.65) per diluted share, in the prior year’s comparable period. The results for each period reflect direct store operations including impairment charges, but do not include any allocated corporate overhead charges, shared administrative expenses or shared distribution expenses. These operating results for Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass are presented solely to provide the historical operating results of the portion of the Company’s retail operations segment that was closed and are not intended to be used to develop expectations for future results of the Company or to indicate any future level of profitability of the Company.
- For the fourth quarter ended January 31, 2021, net sales decreased 30.3% to $526.2 million from $754.6 million in the fourth quarter last year. The Company reported GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of $14.6 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, compared to $25.3 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter last year.
- Included in the Company’s fourth quarter results are net losses from the Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass store operations of $8.6 million, or $(0.17) per diluted share, compared to $15.9 million, or $(0.33) per diluted share, in the prior year’s comparable period.
Morris Goldfarb, G-III’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “The resiliency and flexibility demonstrated by our high performing teams has been nothing short of amazing. Our entrepreneurial culture, with a merchant led focus, proved to be invaluable as we responded to the casual trend by designing the right merchandise for our retail partners. We further elevated our position as a key supplier of choice for a broad range of apparel and accessories. We ended fiscal year 2021 with continued improvement in our wholesale operations and completed the restructuring of our retail operations.”
Mr. Goldfarb concluded, “We enter fiscal year 2022 in a good inventory position, which is weighted toward casual product that remains in high demand. As the year progresses, we believe there will be an increasing desire for dressier apparel and accessories. We are working closely with our retail and vendor partners to be in a position to bring these products to market in a timely manner. Our strong financial position and liquidity enables us to continue to fund our operations, as well as consider acquisitions.”
G-III Apparel Group sees Q1 2022 EPS of $0.05-$0.15, versus the consensus of ($0.03). G-III Apparel Group sees Q1 2022 revenue of $460 million, versus the consensus of $477.41 million.
As there continues to be uncertainty associated with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our results, the Company is only providing guidance for the first quarter of fiscal year 2022, ending on April 30, 2021.
For the first quarter of fiscal year 2022, we expect net sales of approximately $460.0 million, which compares to $405.1 million in the same period last year. Last year’s net sales for the first quarter include $19.3 million for the Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass stores. GAAP net income for the first quarter of fiscal year 2022, is expected to be in the range of $0.05 and $0.15 per diluted share. This compares to a GAAP net loss of $(0.82) per share in last year’s first quarter, which includes a net loss per share of $(0.33) associated with the Wilsons Leather and G.H. Bass store operations
For earnings history and earnings-related data on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Tops Q1 EPS by 43c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!