Forma Therapeutics Holdings (FMTX) Announces FT-4202 Receives Orphan Drug Designation in Europe for Treatment of Sickle Cell Disease
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Forma Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: FMTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on rare hematologic diseases and cancers, today announced the European Commission granted Orphan Drug designation to Forma’s FT-4202 for the treatment of sickle cell disease (SCD), based on a positive opinion from the Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products of the European Medicines Agency (EMA). FT-4202 was previously granted Fast Track, Rare Pediatric Disease and Orphan Drug designations from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with SCD.
“I am pleased to see the regulatory community recognize the urgent need to bring therapies to people living with sickle cell disease,” said Frank Lee, president and chief executive officer of Forma. “Without effective treatment, sickle cell can affect all organs over time and lead to substantial suffering for those born with this genetic disease. We embrace the potential this designation may provide as we prepare to initiate a global registrational Phase 2/3 trial with FT-4202 in the first quarter of 2021.”
Forma is currently enrolling patients with SCD in a randomized, placebo-controlled, multi-center Phase 1 study to evaluate the safety and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) of FT-4202. For more information on eligibility and study sites for the open Phase 1 study, please visit clinicaltrials.gov/NCT03815695.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Auris Medical (EARS) Provides Update on Bentrio Program in Allergy
- Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS) Announces the Selection of a Development Candidate in the DC-PTH Program for the Potential Treatment of Primary Hypoparathyroidism
- FDA Approves Orgenesis (ORGS) IDE for Pilot Clinical Trial of its Tissue Genesis Icellator2® to Treat ARDS Resulting from COVID-19 Infection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!