Ford (F) Stock Soars on $11.4 Billion EV Partnership with Battery Maker SK Innovation (SKOVF)
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Two companies committed to spending $11.4 billion to build an electric F-150 assembly plant, in addition to three battery plants in the United States. As a result, Ford has increased its expectations to now see all-electric cars consisting 40% to 50% of its global volume by 2030, from the prior 40%.
“With this investment and a spirit of innovation, we can achieve goals once thought mutually exclusive – protect our planet, build great electric vehicles Americans will love and contribute to our nation’s prosperity,” said Ford Executive Chair Bill Ford.
This represents the single-largest investment by Ford in its entire history. New plants will create about 11,000 jobs and will be located in Tennessee and Kentucky with new facilities expected to be operational in 2025.
Ford will invest $7 billion while the South Korean battery maker SK Innovation will participate with $4.4 billion.
“We are proud to be partnering with Ford as they open a new chapter in automobile history. We are excited to be taking this decisive leap together, as partners, and to bring about our common vision for a cleaner planet. Our joint venture, BlueOvalSK, will embody this spirit of collaboration,” added Dongseob Jee, president of battery business, SK Innovation.
Earlier this month, Ford committed to ramp up F-150 Lightning production capacity to 80,000 per year on the back of robust demand for the electric pickup truck. The car is expected to go on sale next spring.
Shares of SK Innovation closed 3.8% higher in Seoul today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Last Week Marked The Largest Telecom Outflow Ever - BofA
- Why 23andme (ME) Stock Is Up 20% Today
- Virgin Galactic (SPCE) Stock Crashes 16% on Postponed Commercial Spaceflights, Analyst Lowers PT on Increased Uncertainty and Lack of Clarity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers, F1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!