Fluor Corp. (FLR) CEO David Seaton has stepped down
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that David T. Seaton has stepped down as CEO and will no longer serve as a member of the board of directors, effective May 1, 2019. He will remain with the company through the transition and to assist management as requested.
Alan L. Boeckmann has been named executive chairman of the board. Carlos M. Hernandez, previously responsible for law, risk and compliance, will serve as the interim CEO until a permanent replacement is identified.
“I want to thank David for his 34 years of service and dedication to Fluor,” said Mr. Hernandez. “He led significant transformation of the company including the rebuilding of our self-perform construction capabilities, implemented our integrated solutions model and initiated our data centric execution approach.”
“The board has great confidence in Carlos,” said Mr. Boeckmann. “We trust that he will provide the needed direction for the company and build upon Fluor’s leadership position in the marketplace.”
Mr. Boeckmann recently rejoined Fluor’s board of directors after retiring in 2012. Originally joining Fluor in 1974, he held many positions across the company prior to becoming chairman and chief executive officer from 2002 to 2011. Mr. Boeckmann currently serves on the boards of BP, Sempra Energy and Archer Daniels Midland, but is stepping down from the BP board in May 2019.
Mr. Hernandez has been chief legal officer and secretary of Fluor Corporation since 2007. Prior to joining the company, he was general counsel and secretary of ArcelorMittal USA, Inc. from 2005 to 2007. He holds a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Purdue University and a juris doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BJ's Wholesale Club (BJ) Announces Unexpected Passing of President and CEO Lee Delaney
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Announces Brian Thompson Named Chief Executive Officer
- Eversource Energy (ES) Chairman, CEO and President Jim Judge to Become Executive Chairman, Joe Nolan Named President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!