FibroGen (FGEN) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c, Revenues Miss
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FibroGen (NASDAQ: FGEN) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.57), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.55). Revenue for the quarter came in at $33.17 million versus the consensus estimate of $31.6 million.
“The FibroGen team achieved many milestones over the past few months, culminating with the positive Phase 3 results for roxadustat reported at the American Society of Nephrology conference last week in Washington, D.C.,” said Jim Schoeneck, Interim Chief Executive Officer, FibroGen. “This set of global studies covered the spectrum of chronic kidney disease anemia and is believed to be the largest and most comprehensive ever reported. We expect the positive cardiovascular safety data, comparing roxadustat to placebo in non-dialysis patients and to epoetin alfa in patients on dialysis, along with the superior efficacy results, can serve as the basis for regulatory approval in the U.S. and other jurisdictions. We plan to submit an NDA in the U.S. by the end of this quarter for both dialysis and non-dialysis patients with our partner AstraZeneca, and an MAA in Europe by the end of first quarter 2020 by our partner Astellas, followed by submissions to other regulatory authorities.
“In addition, roxadustat is now approved for CKD patients with anemia in China and was approved in Japan for anemia in CKD patients on dialysis. Our other clinical programs advanced, as we initiated our roxadustat Phase 2 study to treat anemia in patients receiving chemotherapy and enrolled the first patients in our pamrevlumab Phase 3 programs for both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (ZEPHYRUS) and locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPIS).
“These major accomplishments demonstrate our commitment to the vision set by FibroGen’s founder and long-time CEO and Chairman, Tom Neff. We mourn his unexpected passing and are grateful for his leadership and rare ability to recognize and advance scientific innovation.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FibroGen (FGEN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Misses Q2 EPS by 8c
- Sana Biotechnology (SANA) Presents Preclinical Data at American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2021
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!