FedEx Express (FDX) Will Acquire Addtional 50 Boeing (BA) 767-300F Aircraft
- S&P, Dow futures edge higher ahead of inflation data
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices tick up after robust China data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
FedEx Express, a wholly owned subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), today agreed to purchase 50 additional 767-300F aircraft from The Boeing Company as it continues to modernize its aircraft fleet to more effectively serve its customers. In addition to the 50 confirmed orders, FedEx also has options to purchase a total of 50 767F aircraft.
The 50 firm-order aircraft will be delivered from fiscal 2018 through fiscal 2023. Total capital spending for fiscal 2016 remains at $4.6 billion. The impact to capital spending in fiscal 2017 from this new order is immaterial. With this order, FedEx Express now holds a total of 106 firm orders for 767Fs from The Boeing Company through fiscal 2023.
“Acquiring additional 767F aircraft is a continuation of our very successful air fleet modernization program and will enable us to reduce structural costs, improve our fuel efficiency and enhance the reliability of our global network,” said David J. Bronczek, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Express.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades FedEx (FDX) to Overweight
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals (APLS) Highlights 24-Mo Data from Phase 1b Study of Pegcetacoplan in Patients with Geographic Atrophy
- Bally's Corporation (BALY) And Gamesys Group Announce Definitive Terms Of Combination
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!