Facebook (FB) Shares Hit After Warning on Impact of Apple's (AAPL) Privacy Changes
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) was among the worst performing mega-cap stocks on Wednesday, falling as much as 4.6%, compared to a 1% gain in the Nasdaq 100.
"The cost of achieving your business outcome may have increased and it’s also gotten harder to measure your campaigns on our platform. In some cases, this is due to underreporting on our part," wrote Graham Mudd, Facebook's VP of Product Marketing. "Our estimate is that in aggregate we are underreporting iOS web conversions by approximately 15%; however there is a broad range for individual advertisers. We believe that real world conversions, like sales and app installs, are higher than what is being reported for many advertisers. We are committed to helping you better measure these outcomes and improve your performance."
The disclosure appears to have caught some Facebook investor off guard, despite past warning about the potential impact from Apple.
Facebook typically reports third quarter earnings at the end of October -- plenty of time for investors and analysts to ponder the potential EPS impact from today's update. Investors will also be looking for Facebook to provide clearer answers on the longer-term effect of the privacy changes and its workarounds.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perficient (PRFT) Announces Acquisition of Overactive
- Electronic Arts (EA) Announces NHL 22 Now Available Worldwide
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Unveils New Consumer-Centric Healthcare Strategy to Support Long-Term Growth; Announces 2022 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Guidance, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!