Facebook (FB) CTO Mike Schroepfer to Step Down
- S&P 500, Dow close at new highs as Facebook starts heavy earnings week
- Facebook (FB) Stock Jumps With Guidance Not As Bad as Feared
- Tesla (TSLA) Joins Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google in Trillion Dollar Club
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mike Schroepfer, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) announced he has made a decision to step down from the role and take a new part-time role as the company’s first Senior Fellow sometime in 2022.
Schroepfer, who has spent 13 years at the company, said in his Facebook post on Wednesday, that this change in role will allow him to spend more time with his family and his personal philanthropic efforts, while staying deeply connected to Facebook, working on key initiatives, which include recruiting and developing technical talent and continuing to foster the company’s AI investments in critical technologies like PyTorch.
"In 2022, Mr. Schroepfer will become a Senior Fellow at Facebook, in which role he will work on initiatives such as recruiting and developing technical talent and fostering the company's artificial intelligence investments," Facebook said in its disclosure about the move. "The effective date of the transition and the compensation terms of such arrangement have not yet been determined."
Schroepfer said he is excited that Andrew Bosworth, who created Facebook’s AR/VR organization (renamed Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) in 2020) will be transitioning into the role of CTO in 2022.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, MAUs were 2.91 billion, Offers Guidance
- Imara Inc. (IMRA) Announces Resignation of Sara Nayeem from Board
- Facebook (FB) call put ratio 1.1 calls to 1 put into quarter results and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!