FLIR Systems (FLIR) Confirms Thermal Cameras are Being Used in China to Detect Temperature Changes in People
- S&P, Dow futures edge higher ahead of GDP data; Nvidia slides
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Falls on Downbeat Guidance, Evercore ISI Remains a Buyer as Shares Trade Near an 'Estimated Floor of $150'
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Dips on Report It Expects Flat iPhone Production This Year
- Alibaba (BABA) Shares Jump 3% as eCommerce and Cloud Demand Drives Solid Q4 Beat
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FLIR Systems (NASDAQ: FLIR) confirms its thermal cameras are being used in China and other places to visualize and document temperature patterns and changes in people.
In an updated statement to StreetInsider.com, the company said: "In general, thermal cameras are used to detect variations of surface temperatures. In the US, FLIR has certain camera models (designated as “ME”) which are certified by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use as a non-contact screening tool to detect differences in skin surface temperatures. These FDA-certified cameras (510(k) submission K033967) were designated with an intended use specifically in public areas (i.e., airports) to allow operators to visualize and document temperature patterns and changes. FLIR is aware of customers in several other countries using FLIR thermal cameras for similar purposes, including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Philippines, and Malaysia. FLIR cameras are not intended, nor designed, to diagnose or detect medical conditions including, but not limited to, viruses or other illnesses. FLIR cameras should only be used to detect variations of surface temperatures."
Last week, the company confirmed to StreetInsider.com that its thermal cameras are being used to screen people for elevated surface temperatures, but did not provide a list of countries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NRx Pharmaceuticals (NRXP) Announces Data Safety Monitoring Board Recommends to Stop Further Randomization in ACTIV-3b Trial of aviptadil
- Pfizer (PFE) Granted FDA Fast Track Designation for Ervogastat/Clesacostat Combination
- Legend Biotech (LEGN) Announces CARVYKTI Granted Conditional Approval in EU for Treatment of Patients with Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!