FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 17, 2021 3:33 PM EDT)
The FDA voted against recommending a booster of Pfizer's (PFE) Covid vaccine, with just 2 out of 18 voting for approval and the other 16 voting 'no'.
The question asked during the FDA panel was, "Do the safety and effectiveness data from clinical trail C4591001 support approval of Comirnaty booster dose administered at least 6 months after completion of the primary series for use in individuals 16 years of age and older?"
Shares of Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (NASDAQ: BNTX) traded lower throughout the day as the panel discussed the topic. Peer and mRNA vaccine maker Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) was also lower. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) was little changed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Delaying Decision on Moderna (MRNA) Covid-19 Vaccine in Adolescents While Evaluating Myocarditis Risk - DJ
- Popular stocks with increasing volume: F DIS SPCE DKNG MRNA
- LAVA Therapeutics (LVTX) Granted FDA Orphan Drug Designation for LAVA-051 for the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!