Everest Re (RE) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence hits reflation trades
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Everest Re (NYSE: RE) reported Q4 EPS of ($1.12), $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of ($1.16).
Everest Re Group President & CEO Juan C. Andrade commented: “We are relentlessly executing our strategies from a position of strength in this robust market as evidenced by 2020 growth in gross written premiums of 15% and net written premiums of 17% and improvement in underlying underwriting profitability. Our attritional combined ratio improved approximately one point to 87.5% versus the prior year, with our Insurance segment improving 2.3 points to 94.2%. Despite the $511 million Pandemic loss provision and a $400 million prior accident year reserve strengthening, we delivered $300 million in operating income and $514 million in net income providing a return on equity of 5.8%. Everest’s investment income remained resilient at $642 million despite the Pandemic’s impact on financial markets and the sharp decline in interest rates. Our total shareholders’ equity grew to a record $9.7 billion from $9.1 billion during the year, representing net book value per share growth of 11.4% including dividends. Everest has a strong capital position bolstered by the $1.0 billion senior notes offering and a leading global franchise with great momentum entering 2021.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Everest Re (RE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ASML Holdings (ASML) Reports Q1 EPS of EUR3.21 on Revenues of EUR4.36B; Offers 2Q Revenue Outlook
- Universal Stainless & Alloy (USAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c, Revenues Beat
- Cambridge Bancorp (CATC) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c