Enzo Biochem's (ENZ) Universal AMPICOLLECT Used on GENFLEX Molecular Platform Cleared for Distribution by FDA Under Emergency Use Authorization
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation jitters spark broad sell-off
- Tesla (TSLA) Sales in China 'Stagnated' in April, Wedbush Notes
- Roblox (RBLX) Gains as Sales Rise 140%, Analyst Raises PT on Strong Growth and Early China Launch
- Dollar holds near 10-week low ahead of inflation report
- Tesla (TSLA) Halts Plans to Buy Land in Shanghai Amid Increased Tensions with China: Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Enzo Biochem, Inc. (NYSE: ENZ) (“Enzo” or the “Company”), a leading biosciences and diagnostics company, today announced that the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) has cleared its AMPICOLLECT™ Sample Collection kit (manufactured under GMP) for distribution under Emergency Use Authorization. The AMPICOLLECT™ Sample Collection kit is now available for sample collection for COVID-19 testing protocols in the United States.
The Company’s sample collection kit has been shown to meet the FDA’s policy standard as outlined in “Enforcement Policy for Viral Transport Media during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency.” The AMPICOLLECT™ kit is not only authorized for use with Enzo’s proprietary GENFLEX® molecular diagnostic platform, but can also be used for sample collection with other PCR-based molecular diagnostic platforms or antigen-based testing platforms that require the collection of upper respiratory specimens.
Enzo’s sample collection kit represents an integral part of the company’s vertically integrated strategy to develop and deliver one of the industry’s most comprehensive offerings of platforms, products and services to support needs throughout the entire workflow of clinical diagnostic testing. Enzo’s approach has involved the development of specimen collection, sample processing and testing reagents, automated instrumentation for sample preparation and testing, and the validation, scale-up of manufacturing and commercialization of these components.
“Emergency Use Authorization for our AMPICOLLECT™ Sample Collection kit is another reflection of the strength of our open platform approach and integrated model at work,” said Elazar Rabbani, Ph.D., CEO of Enzo. “By internally developing and manufacturing key aspects of diagnostic testing technologies, we have successfully overcome the systemic challenges that affected this sector during the COVID-19 pandemic, including supply shortages and high costs.”
For further information, please visit the FDA’s website and Enzo’s corporate website at:https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/faqs-viral-transport-media-during-covid-19
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Authorizes Pfizer (PFE) - BioNTech (BNTX) Vaccine for Emergency Use in Adolescents
- Cerecor (CERC) Announces FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to CERC-002 for Treatment of Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19
- Ascendis Pharma (ASND) Announces Prelim 58-Week Results from Open-Label Extension of Phase 2 PaTH Forward Trial of TransCon PTH in Adult HP Demonstrated Durable Benefit and Well-Tolerated Safety Profi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!