Engine Media (GAME) Announces Filing of Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against FanDuel
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Engine Media Holdings, Inc. ("Engine" or the "Company"; TSX-V: GAME; NASDAQ: GAME), a company providing sports and esports gaming experiences, along with media solutions focused on influencer marketing, gaming data and analytics, and programmatic advertising, today announced that its Winview Inc. subsidiary has commenced an action in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey against FanDuel, Inc., alleging infringement of patents owned by Winview. The Company is being represented in this matter by Morgan Chu of Irell & Manella, LLP and Thomas R. Curtin of McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP.
The lawsuit alleges that various gaming services provided by FanDuel infringe Winview's United States Patent No. 9,878,243 (the "'243 Patent") entitled "Methodology for Equalizing Systemic Latencies in Television Reception in Connection with Games of Skill Played in Connection with Live Television Programming" and United States Patent No. 10,721,543 (the "'543 Patent") entitled "Method Of and System For Managing Client Resources and Assets for Activities On Computing Devices." The action seeks the recovery of damages and other appropriate relief.
Tom Rogers, Executive Chairman of Engine Media, stated, "This action, which follows our recent action against DraftKings, is a continuation of our efforts to enforce our extensive portfolio of patents, many of which relate to mobile sports betting and online gaming technologies. We will continue assessing how we can protect our intellectual property."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PG&E (PCG) Disputes Shasta County Criminal Charges Related to 2020 Zogg Fire
- Bank Of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) Announces CEO Retirement; Tim Myers Appointed as new CEO and President
- Bartell Drugs (RAD) Announces Partnership With Uber (UBER) To Expand On-demand Delivery Throughout Western Washington
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!