Endeavour Silver Corp. (EXK) to Sell El Cubo Mine in Guanajuato, Mexico to VanGold Mining
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX: EDR, NYSE: EXK) (“Endeavour”) announces that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell the El Cubo mine in Guanajuato, Mexico to VanGold Mining Corp. (“VanGold”) for $15 million in cash and share payments plus up to $3 million in contingent payments (all dollar amounts in USD unless otherwise noted).
VanGold will pay $15,000,000 to Endeavour as follows:
- A non-refundable down-payment of $500,000 cash (received).
- $7.0 million cash payment on closing, anticipated by the end of March 2021.
- $5.0 million in VanGold common shares on closing, priced at $0.2344 (CAD$0.30) per share for a total of 21,331,058 VanGold shares representing approximately 11.3% of the issued shares.
- $2.5 million promissory note due 12 months from the closing date.
Endeavour has agreed to (a) abstain from voting its shares of VanGold, other than as recommended by VanGold’s management, for a period of two years from the closing date and (b) a 12-month restriction on the resale of any VanGold shares acquired in this transaction.
VanGold has also agreed to pay Endeavour up to an additional $3.0 million in contingent payments based on the following:
- $1.0 million upon VanGold producing 3,000,000 silver equivalent ounces at El Cubo mill, derived from either the El Cubo or El Pinguico project.
- $1.0 million if the price of gold closes at or above $2,000 per ounce for 20 consecutive days within two years after closing.
- $1.0 million if the price of gold closes at or above $2,200 per ounce for 20 consecutive days within three years after closing.
Endeavour also announces its common shares will be be added to the S&P/TSX Composite and the NYSE Arca Gold Miners (GDX ETF) Indices effective after market close on Friday March 19, 2021, as per their respective Q1, 2021 rebalances, as announced on Friday March 12, 2021.
Bradford Cooke, Endeavour CEO, commented, “Inclusion in these two major indices is a great milestone for the Company, validating our recent success and providing greater visibility to investors. Constituents of these indices receive both an increase in the company profile and inclusion in mutual and pension funds that use these indices as benchmarks.”
The S&P/TSX Composite Index is the benchmark index for the Canadian equity market. It is the broadest measure of the S&P/TSX family and tracks approximately 250 companies. For more information, visit: www.standardandpoors.com.
The NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index is a modified market capitalization weighted index comprised of approximately 50 publicly traded companies primarily involved in the mining of gold and silver globally, and it is the underlying index to the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX). For more information, visit: www.nyse.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Relay Therapeutics (RLAY) announces acquisition of ZebiAI
- Sierra Metals (SMTS) Reports Q1 Production Results
- Akers Biosciences (AKER), MyMD Pharmaceuticals Announce Stockholder Approval of Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!