Endeavour Silver Corp. (EXK) Acquires Canamex’ Bruner Property for $10M
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK) announces it has entered into a definitive agreement (the “Agreement”) with Canamex Gold Corp. to acquire a 100% interest in Canamex’ Bruner Property, a gold exploration, located in Nye County, Nevada approximately 180 kilometres (km) southeast of Reno for US$10 million in cash.
Gold was originally discovered at Bruner in 1906 and the district saw intermittent historic small-scale mining between 1906 and 1998. Recent exploration activities by previous operators included mapping, sampling, geophysical surveys and drilling, culminating in a mineral resource estimate in 2015 and a preliminary economic assessment in 2017 outlining a low capital cost, open pit, heap leach mine operation.
Highlights of the Properties:
- Acquiring a 100% interest totalling 1,457 hectares on patented and unpatented claims, subject to pre-existing NSR royalties, some of which can be repurchased.
- Ideally located within Nevada’s Walker Lane northwest trending mineral belt currently hosting several producing mines and recent discoveries.
- Readily accessible by paved highway and gravel roads only 25 km from the town of Gabbs, Nevada. High voltage power is available approximately 30 km from the project and water rights have been secured.
- Favourable geology with gold and silver occurring in low-sulphidation epithermal veins and in disseminations within sheeted and stockwork zones. Three gold areas have been outlined within a broad 3 km zone of anomalous gold values.
- Historic resources of 342,000 ounces of gold contained in 17.5 million tonnes grading 0.61 grams per tonne in three zones, Paymaster, HRA and Penelas, as estimated by Canamex Gold. Endeavour has not verified this historic resource estimate and is not relying on it. See below for historic resource estimate qualifications.
- Strong potential to discover additional gold and silver mineralization amenable to open pit mining, as shown by surface sampling between Paymaster, HRA and Penelas zones.
- Excellent metallurgy – cyanide leach test results show that each mineralized zone has gold recoveries > 85% for 0.75” to 3.0” crush size with potential for run-of-mine leaching.
- Provides diversification with an advanced stage exploration project in Nevada, USA, a world class, stable mining jurisdiction.
Endeavour CEO, Dan Dickson, commented “We are pleased to add an advanced stage precious metals exploration property to our project pipeline. Bruner represents a good start on building an attractive gold-silver portfolio in Nevada and should be an accretive acquisition for our five-year strategic plan to become a premier senior silver producer, with potential for exploration discoveries, district acquisitions, near-term production, and organic growth.
“Our exploration team will focus initially on verifying the historic resources, then turn its attention to the many exploration targets on the Bruner Property. We look forward to unlocking the full potential of the Bruner Property with the goal of building a new mining operation in another historic mining district in Nevada.”
Pursuant to the Agreement, Endeavour will pay US$10 million in cash for 100% of the Bruner Gold Project which includes mineral claims, mining rights, property assets, water rights, and government authorizations and permits. Completion of the transactions under the Agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and is subject to Canamex shareholder approval.
The Bruner Gold Project resource estimate was prepared for Canamex Gold in a technical report dated January 22, 2018 titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Bruner Gold Project, Updated Preliminary Economic Assessment, Nye County, Nevada, USA” by Welsh Hagen Associates. The resource estimate was established through surface drilling. A Qualified Person has not done sufficient work to classify the historical estimate as a current mineral resource or mineral reserve.
Endeavour is not treating the historical estimate as a current mineral resource or mineral reserve, has not verified the historical resource estimate and is not relying on it. Endeavour plans to “twin” certain drill holes and conduct a drilling program to upgrade the historical estimate as a current mineral resource.
Dale Mah, B.Sc., P.Geo., Endeavour's Vice President Corporate Development, is the Qualified Person who reviewed and approved this news release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regal-Beloit (RBC), Rexnord (RXN) Announce Details For Anticipated Completion Of Combination Of Regal And Rexnord's PMC Business
- Gogoro, Technology Leader in Urban Electric Mobility and Battery Swapping, to List on Nasdaq Via Poema Global (PPGH)
- Nextdoor to List on NYSE Following Close of Merger With Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co. II (KVSB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!