Edwards Lifesciences (EW) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Outlook
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) reported Q1 EPS of $0.54, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.48. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.16 billion.
First Quarter Highlights and 2021 Outlook
- Sales grew 8 percent to $1.2 billion; underlying1 sales grew 5 percent
- TAVR sales grew 7 percent; underlying sales grew 4 percent
- EPS of $0.54 exceeded expectations
- Received approval for a U.S. pivotal trial for TAVR in moderate AS patients
- Received TAVR approval in Japan for patients at low surgical risk
- First patients were treated with EVOQUE Eos transcatheter mitral replacement system
- Initiated TRISCEND II U.S. pivotal trial for transcatheter tricuspid replacement
- Completed Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Continued confidence in sales outlook; Adjusted EPS guidance of $2.07 to $2.27 increased $0.07
"We recognize that there are many people still struggling with the pandemic around the world, yet as we anniversary the start of the pandemic, I'm encouraged by the signs of recovery," said Michael A. Mussallem, chairman and CEO. "Structural heart procedures increased as we progressed through the winter months, and our sales growth this quarter was better-than-expected. Although we anticipate the effects of the pandemic will impact structural heart patients in the near term, we have continued confidence in our positive 2021 outlook."
Edwards Lifesciences sees FY2021 EPS of $2.07-$2.27, versus the consensus of $2.13.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Edwards Lifesciences (EW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (MYTE) Reports Q3 Revenues of EUR164.8M
- Stealth BioTherapeutics (MITO) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c
- Kingsoft Cloud Holdings Limited (KC) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!