EXFO, Inc. (EXFO) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
EXFO, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXFO) reported Q3 EPS of $0.06, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.03). Revenue for the quarter came in at $66.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $59.59 million.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Sales. Sales decreased 10.1% year-over-year to US$66.1 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2020 mainly due to the ongoing impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Test and Measurement (T&M) sales accounted for 75% of revenue in the third quarter of 2020, while Service Assurance, Systems and Services (SASS) sales represented 25%. Revenue distribution among the three main selling regions amounted to 45% in the Americas, 33% in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and 22% in Asia-Pacific. EXFO's top customer accounted for 9.6% of sales, while the top three totaled 18.2%.
- Profitability. IFRS net earnings amounted to US$3.2 million, or US$0.06 per share, in the third quarter of fiscal 2020, while adjusted EBITDA totaled US$10.7 million, or 16.1% of sales. Net earnings included a wage subsidy of US$3.3M (US$2.4M after-tax) under the Canada emergency wage subsidy program to help qualifying businesses alleviate the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
"Despite constraints and restrictive measures in many countries, EXFO navigated through the coronavirus pandemic with a solid financial performance in the third quarter of 2020," said EXFO's CEO Philippe Morin. "We delivered encouraging sales in a difficult environment and proactively implemented cost-controls, while benefiting from a Canadian government wage subsidy program. The end-result was strong earnings amid end-markets that will necessarily improve as long-term drivers like fiber and 5G deployments remain intact."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on EXFO, Inc. (EXFO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Apollo Global Management (APO) Expands Board to 18-Members; Adds David Simon, Jim Belardi, Mitra Hormozi, Marc Beilinson and Lynn Swann to Board
- Virco Mfg. Corp. (VIRC) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.25/sh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!