Dynavax (DVAX) Announces Partner Valneva SE Reports Positive Phase 1/2 Results of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Dynavax (Nasdaq: DVAX) announced that Valneva SE reported positive initial results for Part A of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of Valneva's inactivated COVID-19 vaccine candidate, VLA2001, using Dynavax's CpG 1018™ adjuvant in 153 healthy adults aged 18 to 55 years. Based on these results, Valneva plans to commence a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial by the end of April 2021, subject to regulatory approval.
In their press release issued April 6th, 2021, Valneva reported that VLA2001 was generally safe and well tolerated across all dose groups tested and was highly immunogenic with a seroconversion rate for S-protein binding IgG antibodies of 100% in the high dose group. The IgG antibody response was highly correlated with neutralization titers in a micro-neutralization assay. The geometric mean titer of neutralizing antibodies measured two weeks after completion of the two-dose schedule in this group was at or above levels for a panel of convalescent sera.
Ryan Spencer, Chief Executive Officer Dynavax, said, "We are excited to see the positive results Valneva has generated with their inactivated vaccine using Dynavax's CpG 1018 adjuvant. We believe the effect delivered by our CpG 1018 adjuvant combined with Valneva's existing manufacturing process for whole virus inactivated vaccines will result in an important option in the global fight against COVID-19. This platform has potential to allow rapid modifications to the vaccine as needed to address variants using Valneva's existing manufacturing process."
Valneva plans to initiate a pivotal, comparative immunogenicity Phase 3 clinical trial with the high dose formulation by the end of April 2021. Other trials, including booster trials, involving antigen sparing doses will also be evaluated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA grants accelerated approval to sacituzumab govitecan for advanced urothelial cancer
- Endo International (ENDP) Announces Publication of Phase 3 Qwo Data in Peer-Reviewed Dermatologic Surgery
- ProQR (PRQR) Announces Publication in Nature Medicine for Sepofarsen in Leber Congenital Amaurosis 10
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!