DraftKings (DKNG) Surges 7% After Saying It Won't Bid for Entain (GMVHF)
- Boeing lifts Dow at open after Omicron-led selloff
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Snowflake (SNOW) Stock Surges on Strong Sales and Outlook, Analysts Bulled-up
- Apple (AAPL): Wedbush Assigns a New Street-High $200 Price Target Despite Bloomberg Report Suggesting Slowing iPhone 13 Demand
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
"After several discussions with Entain leadership, DraftKings has decided that it will not make a firm offer for Entain at this time. Based on our vertically-integrated technology stack, best-in-class product and technology capabilities and leading brand, we are highly confident in our ability to maintain a leadership position and achieve our long-term growth plans in the rapidly growing North America market,” said Jason Robins DraftKings CEO, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board.
DraftKings is now bound by the restrictions for six months following the date of this announcement.
Last month, CNBC reported that DKNG made a $20 billion offer to acquire the British sports betting and gambling company Entain. A reported bid came after Entain had rejected an $11 billion offer from MGM Resorts (NYSE: MGM) earlier this year.
Shares of Entain are down 7.8% in London today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/02: (CFVI) (OMER) (DWAC) Higher; (TANH) (KIRK) (LE) Lower (more...)
- Bank of New York's (BK) Mellon's Pershing Acquires Optimal Asset Management
- Selina to Become Publicly Traded Through Merger With BOA Acquisition Corp. (BOAS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!