DouYu International Holdings Limited (DOYU) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
DouYu International Holdings Limited (NASDAQ: DOYU) reported Q4 EPS of ($0.07), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.10). Revenue for the quarter came in at $347.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $340.64 million.
Fourth Quarter 2020 Financial and Operational Highlights
- Total net revenues in the fourth quarter of 2020 increased by 10.0% to RMB2,269.2 million (US$347.8 million) from RMB2,062.9 million in the same period of 2019.
- Gross profit in the fourth quarter of 2020 was RMB182.2 million (US$27.9 million), compared with RMB375.2 million in the same period of 2019.
- Net loss in the fourth quarter of 2020 was RMB228.7 million (US$35.0 million), compared with a net income of RMB157.4 million in the same period of 2019.
- Adjusted net loss in the fourth quarter of 2020 was RMB176.9 million (US$27.1 million), compared with an adjusted net income of RMB186.4 million in the same period of 2019.
- Average MAUs in the fourth quarter of 2020 increased by 5.2% to 174.4 million from 165.8 million in the same period of 2019.
- Average mobile MAUs in the fourth quarter of 2020 increased by 6.9% to 58.2 million from 54.4 million in the same period of 2019.
- Quarterly average paying user count in the fourth quarter of 2020 increased by 4.6% to 7.6 million from 7.3 million in the same period of 2019.
Mr. Shaojie Chen, Chief Executive Officer of DouYu, commented, "As a leading game-centric live streaming platform in China, we continued to deliver strong operational results as our average mobile MAUs increased by 6.9% year over year to 58.2 million in the fourth quarter. Additionally, by the end of 2020, the improvements we had made to our video and community segments enabled us to establish a fully integrated content ecosystem on top of our leading live streaming business. This improvement has laid a solid foundation for us to further develop our diversified and integrated game-centric content platform."
Mr. Hao Cao, Vice President of DouYu, commented, "We maintained our strong financial performance in the full year of 2020 as our total net revenues increased by 32% year over year to RMB 9.6 billion . Meanwhile, adjusted net income was RMB 541.6 million and adjusted net margin was 5.6%, representing an increase of approximately 80 basis points from last year. Looking ahead, we will continue to explore improvements for our platform's monetization capabilities, enhance our monetization efficiency, and further utilize our operating leverage to bring more long-term value to our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on DouYu International Holdings Limited (DOYU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.40, Revenues Beat
- KLX Energy Services Holdings Inc. (KLXE) Misses Q4 EPS by 55c, Revenues Beat
- LCI Industries (LCII) Announces Prelim. 1Q21 Sales Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!