Dominion Energy (D) To Sell Questar Pipelines to Southwest Gas (SWX) for $1.975B
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Dominion Energy (NYSE: D) announced today execution of a definitive agreement to sell Questar Pipelines to Southwest Gas Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SWX), in a transaction valued at $1.975 billion, including the assumption of $430 million of existing indebtedness. Questar Pipelines consists of FERC-regulated, long-term contracted, transportation and underground storage assets in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado, together with related services and processing entities. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2021, subject to regulatory approvals.
Robert M. Blue, Dominion Energy chair, president and chief executive officer, said:
"We are pleased with the result of our sale process for these high-quality assets. This transaction represents another significant step in our evolution as a company, allowing us to focus even more on fulfilling the energy needs of our utility customers and continuing growth of our clean-energy portfolio, including development of the largest offshore wind farm in North America. We appreciate the focus and professionalism of the Questar Pipelines employees, who have maintained safe and reliable operations. We look forward to closure by year's end."
Today's announcement does not change Dominion Energy's existing financial guidance. Questar Pipelines will continue to be accounted for as discontinued operations. Proceeds from the sale will be used by Dominion Energy to reduce parent-level debt, including retiring the 364-day term loan that was entered into in July, which Dominion Energy previously used to repay the approximately $1.3 billion transaction deposit made by Berkshire Hathaway Energy. Proceeds from the sale of Questar Pipelines will also be used to support Dominion Energy's robust regulated capital plan, as part of the largest regulated decarbonization opportunity in the country.
McGuireWoods LLP served as legal counsel to Dominion Energy. Barclays acted as the company's financial advisor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Altus Midstream Company (ALTM) and EagleClaw Announce All-Stock Business Combination
- Roper Technologies (ROP) Sells CIVCO Radiotherapy to Blue Wolf Capital
- Redbox Completes Business Combination With Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (SGAM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett, Barclays
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!