Disney+ (DIS) to Launch Ad-Supported Subscription Offering in Several Countries Across Europe and in Canada on November 1
- Wall Street ends mixed after job openings hint at cooling economy
- MongoDB delivers upbeat guidance after Q3 results beat
- U.S. job openings fall to 8.733 million in October - JOLTS report
- Hedge Funds were big sellers of Big Tech stocks last week - Morgan Stanley
- CVS Health adds 2% as 2024 revenue outlook tops estimates
Following the successful ad-tier launch in the U.S., today, Disney+ (NYSE: DIS) announced an ad-supported offering will be available in select markets across Europe and in Canada beginning November 1. As pricing is updated for various plans later this year, subscribers in the U.S. will have access to a new ad-free bundled subscription plan, starting September 6, featuring Disney+ Premium and Hulu (No Ads) for $19.99/month.
“The strong momentum of our ad-supported plans in the U.S. demonstrates the importance of providing consumers with choice, flexibility and value,” said Joe Earley, President, Direct-to-Consumer, Disney Entertainment. “We are excited to expand that offering in more markets across the globe, including in Europe and Canada, and to launch a new premium duo bundle of ad-free Disney+ and Hulu this Fall, as we take steps toward making extensive Hulu content available via Disney+ later this year for Bundle subscribers.”
Internationally, Disney+ is also expanding choice and value options with the launch of a new Standard tier, as well as Standard with Ads in select EMEA markets and Canada. The new ad-supported plans start at £4.99/€5.99 month in EMEA and $7.99/month in Canada. Existing subscribers in applicable markets will remain in the Premium tier with No Ads when their subscription price increases in December, unless they opt to switch into one of the new lower-priced plans.
The ad-supported, Standard and Premium plans in select European markets and Canada offer access to the Disney+ content library and key product features including:
- Exclusive Originals & Library Content: A collection of thousands of award-winning titles across films, documentaries, TV series, and shorts, all in one place
- Profiles: Ability to create multiple profiles per account, with the option to set profile PINs and content ratings by profile through Parental Controls
- Concurrent Viewing: Stream on up to four supported devices simultaneously, depending on your plan
- High-Quality Video Formats: Depending on your plan, formats include 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, Full HD, HDR10, and Expanded Aspect Ratio with IMAX Enhanced where supported
The new Disney+ and Hulu Bundle ad-free plan launching on September 6 adds another option to an already comprehensive slate of subscription plans that are among the best values in streaming today. Beginning October 12, the new pricing for Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ ad-supported and ad-free plans in the U.S. include:
With Ads (No Change)
With Ads (No Change)
Disney+ (With Ads) Add-On (No Change)
ESPN+ on Hulu Add-On*
UFC PPV (standalone) (No Change)
$79.99 (per event)
UFC PPV + Annual*
Duo Premium: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads)^ - *NEW*
Duo Basic: Disney+ (With Ads), Hulu (With Ads) (No Change)
Trio Premium: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)
Trio Basic: Disney+ (With Ads), Hulu (With Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)*
Hulu + Live TV
* Effective as of October 12, 2023
^Available beginning September 6, 2023
Pricing for legacy plans and add-ons that are no longer available for purchase are excluded
Subscriptions to Disney+ and Hulu give viewers instant access to the best of streaming television and film - including award-winning Original content, movies and series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more and one of the largest on-demand streaming libraries of current and past seasons of hit shows and movies. Hulu + Live TV is the leading and most valuable all-in-one DMVPD on the market offering 90+ live TV channels, a suite of premium SVOD services including Hulu’s entire streaming library, Disney+ and ESPN+ and viewer first features like Unlimited DVR all included as part of its base plan.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ancora Backs Nelson Peltz for Walt Disney's (DIS) Board
- Walt Disney (DIS) Declares $0.30 Quarterly Dividend; 1.3% Yield
- Jabil (JBL) Lowers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Twitter, Hulu
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!