Diana Shipping (DSX) Announces Time Charter Contract for m/v Protefs
- Futures slip as U.S. calls for pause in J&J's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Oil prices rise after robust China data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Diana Shipping Inc. (NYSE: DSX), (the “Company”), a global shipping company specializing in the ownership of dry bulk vessels, today announced that, through a separate wholly-owned subsidiary, it has entered into a time charter contract with Reachy International (HK) Co., Limited, for one of its Panamax dry bulk vessels, the m/v Protefs. The gross charter rate is US$10,650 per day, minus a 5% commission paid to third parties, for a period until minimum March 10, 2022 up to maximum May 20, 2022. The charter commenced yesterday. The m/v Protefs was chartered, as previously announced, to Phaethon International Company AG, at a gross charter rate of US$9,900 per day, minus a 5% commission paid to third parties.
The “Protefs” is a 73,630 dwt Panamax dry bulk vessel built in 2004.
The employment of “Protefs” is anticipated to generate approximately US$4.17 million of gross revenue for the minimum scheduled period of the time charter.
Upon completion of the previously announced sale of one Panamax dry bulk vessel, the m/v Oceanis, Diana Shipping Inc.’s fleet will consist of 37 dry bulk vessels (4 Newcastlemax, 12 Capesize, 5 Post-Panamax, 5 Kamsarmax and 11 Panamax). As of today, the combined carrying capacity of the Company’s fleet, including the m/v Oceanis, is approximately 4.8 million dwt with a weighted average age of 10.13 years. A table describing the current Diana Shipping Inc. fleet can be found on the Company’s website, www.dianashippinginc.com. Information contained on the Company’s website does not constitute a part of this press release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novocure (NVCR) Reports Update on Phase 3 Pivotal LUNAR Trial of Tumor Treating Fields in NSCLC
- Tradeweb Markets (TW) Enhances Data Access Through Collaboration with AWS
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals (APLS) Highlights 24-Mo Data from Phase 1b Study of Pegcetacoplan in Patients with Geographic Atrophy