DaVita (DVA) Adds Paula A. Price to Board
- U.S. stocks retreat from initial Fed bump, then pare during Powell Q&A
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent, reduces assets purchases by another $30 billion/month and sees ending them in March
- 'Living up to the Legend': Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Recovers Earlier Losses as Analysts Boost Price Targets Despite Azure Growth Slowdown
- Buy Any Further Significant Pullback in Equities - Goldman Sachs
- Oil breaks $90/bbl for the first time since 2014 on Russia tensions
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA) announced today that its Board of Directors appointed a new independent director, Ms. Paula A. Price, to join the Board, effective September 1, 2020.
"We are very excited to have Paula, a seasoned financial strategist, join the DaVita Board," said Javier Rodriguez, CEO of DaVita Inc.
"Paula's passion for healthcare and commitment to innovation, coupled with her deep experience with capital allocation, make her an ideal addition to the team," said Pam Arway, independent chair of the DaVita Inc. Board of Directors.
Ms. Price joins the Board with over 30 years of financial and operational experience spanning the retail, consumer products, and financial services industries. Most recently, she served as the Chief Financial Officer of Macy's, Inc., and currently remains an advisor to the renowned retailer. Previously, Ms. Price was a full-time senior lecturer for Harvard Business School in the Accounting and Management Department from 2014 to 2018. Prior to her time at Harvard, Ms. Price served as the chief financial officer for Ahold USA, controller and chief accounting officer of CVS Caremark Corporation, and in senior leadership positions at JPMorgan Chase, Prudential Financial, Diageo, and Kraft Foods. A certified public accountant, Ms. Price began her career at Arthur Andersen & Co. Ms. Price currently serves on the boards of directors of Accenture plc and Western Digital Corporation, and will be joining the board of Bristol Myers Squibb. Ms. Price previously served on the board of Dollar General Corporation. Ms. Price earned her master's degree in business administration from the University of Chicago and her bachelor of science degree in accountancy from DePaul University.
"I am delighted to join the DaVita board at this important moment in healthcare history. I admire DaVita's dedication to innovating patient care to improve patients' lives and look forward to being on this journey with the team," said Paula Price.
With the addition of Ms. Price, the DaVita Board is comprised of nine highly qualified directors, with 44% racial and 44% gender diversity, bringing our total board diversity to over 75%. Ms. Price will serve on DaVita's Audit Committee.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPM's Dubravko Sees Strong Buying Opportunity Into FOMC, Reiterates Kolanovic's View That Selling is Overdone
- Processa Pharmaceuticals Inc. (PCSA) CEO Issues Shareholder Letter Providing Outlook for 2022
- Genius Brands Int'l (GNUS) Promotes Kerry Phelan to Chief Brand Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!