DSIT Solutions (ACFN) Receives Another Underwater Security System Order
- U.S. stocks, dollar sluggish, all eyes on Fed meet this week
- Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 49c, Revenues Beat
- Chinese Tech Stocks Crushed on Fresh Regulatory Pressure
- Nearly $1 Billion Bitcoin (BTC) Shorts Liquidated Today Amid Amazon (AMZN) Rumors
- Aon (AON) and Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Mutually Agree to Terminate Combination Agreement
DSIT Solutions Ltd., a subsidiary of Acorn Energy (Nasdaq: ACFN), announced that it has received another order for its Underwater Security System for the protection of a Nuclear Power Plant. The Underwater Security System ordered is based on a special version of the company's best-selling AquaShield™ Diver Detection Sonar. This special version is specifically tailored to provide superior performance against any type of intruder approaching the nuclear power plant's highly reverberant water intake. The threats that the system is designed to counter include scuba and combat divers, divers using Diver Propulsion Vehicles (DPV) and Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV).
Dan Ben-Dov, DSIT's Vice President for Sales and Marketing commented, "Less than two weeks after announcing an order for an Underwater Security System for a European nuclear power facility, we are very excited to announce another important order for an Underwater Surveillance System for an additional nuclear power station. We are both thankful and proud for this vote of confidence shown to us by one of the world's leading nuclear power plant operators. This order further strengthens our belief that there are significant growth opportunities for DSIT in this segment of the market."
From a security point of view, the weak point in many Nuclear Power Facilities is their water intake system. Many nuclear power facilities use water to cool the plant reactors by sucking in large volumes of water through the water intake and into the core of the plant. This water intake creates an opportunity for unauthorized intruders to break into the facility. DSIT's underwater monitoring systems are especially designed to counter such threats and eliminate this weakness in security.
Benny Sela, CEO of DSIT, added, "DSIT's high performance systems provide long detection ranges for threats and intruders to provide the protected site operator with sufficient time to evaluate the threat and respond to it accordingly. With its fully automatic detection at long ranges, the AquaShield™ perfectly serves this concept. The ordered system's installation is planned for the end of 2014."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medpace Holdings (MEDP) announces appointment of Jesse Geiger as president and Kevin Brady as chief financial officer
- Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) Announces Anirudh Devgan to Become CEO in December 2021; Lip-Bu Tan to Transition to Role of Executive Chairman
- Silk Road Medical Inc. (SILK) Appoints Tanisha Carino to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!