CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Announces FDA Acceptance of NDA and Priority Review for Seladelpar for the Treatment of Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Equities close slightly lower as focus shifts to data
- Zoom Video Communications guidance tops estimates following Q4 results beat
- Corporate profitability set to weaken - JPMorgan
- Global equities index sluggish with inflation in focus, oil climbs
- Nancy Pelosi buys Palo Alto Networks (PANW) call options, shares pop
CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBAY), a biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative therapies for patients with liver and other chronic diseases, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted its New Drug Application (NDA) for seladelpar, an investigational treatment for the management of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) including pruritus in adults without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis (Child Pugh A) who are inadequate responders or intolerant to ursodeoxycholic acid. The FDA has granted priority review and set a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) target action date of
PBC is a rare, chronic condition that can lead to inflammation and eventually liver cirrhosis. Disease progression is associated with an increase in liver-related complications, including mortality. People living with PBC can also experience symptoms that significantly impact their quality of life such as pruritus (itch) and fatigue. New treatment options seek to help prevent further disease progression by reducing inflammation and bile acids in the liver and help provide meaningful relief of pruritus.
Seladelpar is an investigational, potent, selective, orally active PPARδ agonist, or delpar, in development for PBC treatment. It is the only investigational agent to have demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in biochemical markers of disease progression and pre-specified measures of PBC-related pruritus in a Phase 3 study. The safety profile of seladelpar in the pivotal Phase 3 RESPONSE study, measured through rates of adverse events, was similar in those treated with seladelpar and placebo.
The NDA includes data from across the seladelpar PBC clinical development program in over 500 participants living with PBC, including from the placebo-controlled Phase 3 RESPONSE and ENHANCE studies, the long-term open-label ASSURE study, and prior Phase 2 studies. The FDA has previously granted seladelpar Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) which enabled early submission of select non-clinical data through the rolling review process afforded by seladelpar's BTD status. FDA updated the Breakthrough Therapy Designation for seladelpar in
"Acceptance of the seladelpar NDA for the treatment of PBC, is an important step forward in our ongoing mission to make this potential, novel, targeted treatment option available for people living with PBC," said
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genmab (GMAB) FDA Accepts for Priority Review the Supplemental Biologics License Application for Epcoritamab
- Milestone Pharmaceuticals (MIST) Announces Plan to Resubmit NDA for Etripamil for the Treatment of PSVT
- Orchestra BioMed (OBIO) Presents New Data Showing Sustained Clinically Meaningful Reduction in 24-Hour Ambulatory Systolic Blood Pressure in Hypertensive Pacemaker Patients Treated with AVIM Therapy f
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, PDUFA, AdCom, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!