Curis (CRIS) Reports Updated Data in Two Abstracts for CA-4948 Accepted for Presentation at the European Hematology Association 2021 Virtual Congress
- Wall Street closes lower as Fed officials project rate hikes for 2023
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent (Full Statement)
- Oracle (ORCL) Tops Profit and Sales Views But Stock Falls on Guidance Miss, Analysts Still Raise PTs
- General Motors (GM) to Boost EV and AV Investments to $35 Billion Through 2025
- Oil settles near $75, at multi-year highs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Curis, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRIS), a biotechnology company focused on the development of innovative therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, today announced that two abstracts for CA-4948, a novel, small molecule IRAK4 inhibitor, have been accepted for oral and poster presentation at the European Hematology Association 2021 Virtual Congress (EHA), which will be held virtually from June 9-17, 2021. The abstracts include updated data from a February data-cut for its ongoing open-label, single arm, Phase 1/2 study of CA-4948 in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS).
"We are very pleased to report this clinical update on our first-in-class IRAK4 kinase inhibitor, CA-4948, as an anticancer agent for patients with acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes for whom multiple prior lines of therapy have been unsuccessful," said James Dentzer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Curis. "The clinical data published in the abstract this morning are consistent with our preliminary findings reported late last year showing that CA-4948 has, in addition to encouraging safety characteristics, clear potential to reduce leukemic blasts in late-line patients, along with early signs of hematologic recovery. We look forward to providing updated safety, pharmacodynamic, and efficacy data, as well as data from additional patients and nonclinical combination synergy data at EHA next month."
Key findings from a cutoff date of February 8, 2021 in 15 patients (8 MDS and 7 AML) include:
- Bone marrow blast reductions observed at all tested doses in 8 of 9 (89%) evaluable patients (at least one malignancy assessment following first cycle) with elevated blast counts at baseline
- Objective responses observed included 1 patient experiencing a full hematologic recovery complete response, 1 CRi with negative minimal residual disease, and 2 bone marrow CRs
- All 3 patients with SF3B1 or U2AF1 spliceosome mutation achieved marrow CR or better
- All patients with objective responses also saw signs of hematologic recovery
Details of the presentations are as follows:
- Title: A Phase 1, Dose Escalation Trial with Novel Oral IRAK4 Inhibitor CA-4948 in Patients with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia or Myelodysplastic Syndrome – Interim Report
- Author: Guillermo Garcia-Manero, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Session Name: 10. Myelodysplastic syndromes - Clinical
- Presentation Time: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:00 CEST (3:00 am ET)
- Q&A Session: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 17:00 CEST (11:00 am ET)
- Title: IRAK4 Inhibitor CA-4948 Potentiates Antitumor Effects of Azacitidine and Venetoclax in Human Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Session Name: 01. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia – Biology & Translational Research
- Session Date & Time: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:00 CEST (3:00 am ET)
Virtual KOL Event
- Virtual event to be hosted Friday, June 11 at 8:00 am ET, featuring Dr. Guillermo Garcia-Manero, Chief of the Section of Myelodysplastic Syndromes within the Department of Leukemia at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Discussion of the EHA presentation data from the ongoing Phase 1/2 study of CA-4948 in patients with acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
- A live webcast of the presentation will be available under "Events & Presentations" in the Investors section of the Company's website at www.curis.com. A replay of the webcast will be available on the Curis website for 90 days following the event.
Additional meeting information can be found on the EHA website at www.ehaweb.org/congress. Each presentation will also be available under "Events and Presentations" in the Investors section of the Company's website at www.curis.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pfizer (PFE) Announces Data Published in NEJM Shows its Tofacitinib Meets Primary Endpoint in Brazilian Study in Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19 Pneumonia
- Biogen (BIIB) Announces Topline Results From Phase 2 Study of Gosuranemab, an Anti-Tau Antibody, for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Avenue Therapeutics (ATXI) Receives CRL from the FDA for IV Tramadol
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesEarnings, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!