Genesis Warns Of Bankruptcy Without New Funding - Bloomberg
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
(Updated - November 21, 2022 4:50 PM EST)
Crypto firm Genesis is struggling to raise fresh cash for its lending unit and it is warning potential investors that it may need to file for bankruptcy if its efforts fail, according to Bloomberg, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
Genesis spend the past several days seeking at least $1 billion in fresh capital. Talks included a potential investment from Binance. Funding so far has failed to materialize.
The company told Bloomberg via email that it has no plans to file bankruptcy imminently.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pfizer (PFE) says twice-daily danuglipron formulation for obesity will not advance into Phase 3 studies
- Blackwells Capital Plans To Nominate Directors To Wendy's Co's Board - Reuters
- Opec+ Has Reached Consensus On Oil Output Cuts - 2 Sources - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Cryptocurrency, Hot Corp. News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!