Cronos Group (CRON) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.44
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cronos Group (NASDAQ: CRON) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.44), versus $0.20 reported last year.
“This quarter for Cronos Group would not have been possible without the tenacious and innovative efforts put forward by every Cronos employee across our organization. In the first quarter of 2021 our results in Canada were impacted by market dynamics due to the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing stay-at-home orders and various other restrictions. Despite this, we continued to push forward our innovation pipeline and execute on our strategy, which was a true testament to the strength of our team,” said Kurt Schmidt, President and CEO, Cronos Group.
“In March, we were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for our joint venture with Ginkgo Bioworks to produce cannabinoids using biosynthesis. Our partnership with Ginkgo is critical to executing our Company’s vision: to transform industries through cannabinoid innovation. A critical component to commercializing fermented cannabinoids is a Health Canada processing license, which Cronos Fermentation received in April. Receiving this license is a great accomplishment and I am looking forward to bringing our innovative product pipeline to market over time utilizing this technology. This partnership is a global effort for our organization, and it is a great demonstration of how our research and development and innovation teams across regions work together to push critical projects forward. Last month, we also announced our U.S. Cronos Employees Political Action Committee as well as a robust Marketing Code of Conduct that all of our brands and employees have pledged to uphold. We’re proud to be on the record supporting responsible legalization efforts in the United States.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cronos Group (CRON) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Worthington Industries (WOR) Announces New Reporting Segments
- Apollo Global Management (APO) Expands Board to 18-Members; Adds David Simon, Jim Belardi, Mitra Hormozi, Marc Beilinson and Lynn Swann to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!