Credit Suisse (CS) confirms significant US-based hedge fund defaulted on margin calls made last week by Credit Suisse and certain other banks
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse (NYSE: CS) announced:
A significant US-based hedge fund defaulted on margin calls made last week by Credit Suisse and certain other banks. Following the failure of the fund to meet these margin commitments, Credit Suisse and a number of other banks are in the process of exiting these positions. While at this time it is premature to quantify the exact size of the loss resulting from this exit, it could be highly significant and material to our first quarter results, notwithstanding the positive trends announced in our trading statement earlier this month. We intend to provide an update on this matter in due course.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse (CS) Plans Hedge Fund Unit Overhaul After Archegos Hit - Bloomberg
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- Boeing (BA) 737 Max Electrical Issue Impacts About 90 Airplanes - Reuters