Costco (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 19c, Adj. Comp Sales Up 5%
- Nasdaq 100 futures hit record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Cyclical currencies lead after dust settles on Fed
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- 'A Stampede for Clean Energy': Amazon (AMZN) Commits to Buy More Renewable Energy, Becomes the Top All-Time US Corporate Buyer
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Costco (NASDAQ: COST) reported Q1 EPS of $1.90, $0.19 better than the analyst estimate of $1.71. Revenue for the quarter came in at $37.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $37.32 billion.
- Net sales for the first quarter were $36.24 billion, an increase of 5.6 percent from $34.31 billion last year.
- Total and comparable sales were negatively impacted by approximately one-half percent due to Thanksgiving occurring a week later this year. E-commerce sales in the quarter were negatively impacted by an estimated 12 percentage points.
- Net income for the quarter was $844 million, or $1.90 per diluted share, compared to $767 million, or $1.73 per diluted share, last year. This year’s first quarter reflects a $77 million ($0.17 per diluted share) tax benefit related to stock-based compensation, compared to a $59 million ($0.13 per diluted share) similar benefit last year.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Costco (COST) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- Patterson Cos. (PDCO) Misses Q4 EPS by 13c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (PEB) Provides Operating Update and Executes Contract to Acquire Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, FL
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!