Costco (COST) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS, Comps Increase 9.5%; Expects to Report Material Weakness in Internal Control
- Nasdaq 100 futures hit record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Cyclical currencies lead after dust settles on Fed
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- 'A Stampede for Clean Energy': Amazon (AMZN) Commits to Buy More Renewable Energy, Becomes the Top All-Time US Corporate Buyer
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2018 4:18 PM EDT)
Costco (NASDAQ: COST) reported Q4 EPS of $2.36, in-line with the analyst estimate of $2.36. Revenue for the quarter came in at $44.41 billion versus the consensus estimate of $44.27 billion.
Comparable sales for the 16-week fourth quarter, and the 52-week fiscal year were as follows:
|16 Weeks||52 Weeks|
While the Company is still completing its assessment of the effectiveness of its internal control over financial reporting as of September 2, 2018, in its upcoming fiscal 2018 Annual Report on Form 10-K, it expects to report a material weakness in internal control. The weakness relates to general information technology controls in the areas of user access and program change-management over certain information technology systems that support the Company’s financial reporting processes. The access issues relate to the extent of privileges afforded users authorized to access company systems. As of the date of this release, there have been no misstatements identified in the financial statements as a result of these deficiencies, and the Company expects to timely file its Form 10-K.
Remediation efforts have begun; the material weakness will not be considered remediated until the applicable controls operate for a sufficient period of time and management has concluded, through testing, that these controls are operating effectively. The Company expects that the remediation of this material weakness will be completed prior to the end of fiscal year 2019.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Costco (COST) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- Stifel Resumes Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) at Hold
- Sally Beauty (SBH) Gains After Being Upgraded at Both Cowen and Oppenheimer to 'Outperform' as Recent Pullback Creates Attractive Entry Point
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Hot Earnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!