Costco (COST) Reports April Sales Results
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (“Costco” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: COST) today reported net sales of $15.21 billion for the retail month of April, the four weeks ended May 2, 2021, an increase of 33.5 percent from $11.39 billion last year.
For the thirty-five weeks ended May 2, 2021, the Company reported net sales of $126.58 billion, an increase of 17.6 percent from $107.64 billion last year.
Comparable sales were as follows:
|4 Weeks||35 Weeks|
Comparable sales excluding the impacts from changes in gasoline prices and foreign exchange were as follows:
|4 Weeks||35 Weeks|
This year’s April retail month had one additional shopping day versus last year, due to the calendar shift of Easter. This positively impacted total and comparable sales by approximately two and one-half percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- AnPac Bio's (ANPC) First Disease Treatment Patent Granted, and Its Cancer Treatment Project Secured Multi-Million Dollar Funds
- Genesco (GCO) Sends Letter to Shareholders Highlighting Strength of its Board and Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!