Costco (COST) Reports April Sales Results
- Wall Street falls as Amazon earnings disappoint
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (“Costco” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: COST) today reported net sales of $15.21 billion for the retail month of April, the four weeks ended May 2, 2021, an increase of 33.5 percent from $11.39 billion last year.
For the thirty-five weeks ended May 2, 2021, the Company reported net sales of $126.58 billion, an increase of 17.6 percent from $107.64 billion last year.
Comparable sales were as follows:
|4 Weeks||35 Weeks|
Comparable sales excluding the impacts from changes in gasoline prices and foreign exchange were as follows:
|4 Weeks||35 Weeks|
This year’s April retail month had one additional shopping day versus last year, due to the calendar shift of Easter. This positively impacted total and comparable sales by approximately two and one-half percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OMERS Infrastructure Pays $219M for 19.4% Stake in Azure Power (AZRE)
- Musk says "Epic is right," takes sides in battle with Apple
- Matthews (MATW) Announces Continuation of Its Stock Repurchase Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!