Cortexyme (CRTX) Announces Clinical Hold on Atuzaginstat's Investigational New Drug Application
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cortexyme, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases, today announced that the company received a letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on January 25, 2022 placing a full clinical hold on atuzaginstat’s (COR388) Investigational New Drug application (IND 134303). The company plans to provide additional updates pending continued engagement with FDA.
Cortexyme is immediately implementing a cost reduction program to rationalize operations and to allow continued support for planned clinical milestones, providing an expected cash runway through 2024. The company intends to prioritize development of its next generation gingipain inhibitor, COR588, in Alzheimer’s disease. COR588 is currently completing a Phase 1 SAD/MAD study and results are expected in the second quarter 2022. In addition, Cortexyme plans to explore strategic alternatives for its coronavirus program and non-Alzheimer’s indications for COR388. Cortexyme intends to provide a more detailed update on its pipeline and anticipated milestones for 2022 in the near future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elon Musk Files Update on Twitter (TWTR) Financing Commitments
- Lilly plans to invest $2.1 billion in new manufacturing sites in Indiana
- Exscientia plc (EXAI) Provides Q1 Business Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot FDA News
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!