Construction Partners, Inc. (ROAD) Misses Q2 EPS by 18c, Revenues Miss
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Construction Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROAD) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.10), $0.18 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.08. Revenue for the quarter came in at $179.11 million versus the consensus estimate of $201.03 million.
Fred J. (Jule) Smith, III, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "In the second fiscal quarter, revenue grew 6.2% compared to the second fiscal quarter last year. While adverse weather caused significant project delays in the second quarter, we plan to make up that volume in the second half of our fiscal year. As we have stated before, historically we have generated approximately 40% of our annual revenue in the first half of the fiscal year and approximately 60% in the second half. Halfway through fiscal 2021, we are roughly in line with our historical pattern, even with the weather delays.
"More importantly, we are very pleased with our record high project backlog of $773.3 million at the end of the quarter. As we move into the seasonally stronger second half of our fiscal year, we continue to see strength in infrastructure funding programs and project lettings across our markets. In light of these positive conditions, we are maintaining our outlook for fiscal 2021."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Construction Partners, Inc. (ROAD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Virco Mfg. Corp. (VIRC) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.25/sh
- Kaspien (KSPN) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!