Communications Systems (JCS) Lowers Quarterly Dividend 75% to $0.04; Enters Amended, Restated Credit Agreement
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Communications Systems (NASDAQ: JCS) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.04 per share, or $0.16 annualized. This is a 75% decrease from the prior dividend of $0.16.
The dividend will be payable on October 3, 2016, to stockholders of record on September 15, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of September 13, 2016.
The annual yield on the dividend is 2.3 percent.
The Company also announced that it has signed an amended and restated credit agreement, replacing a note that matures on November 1, 2016. Under this agreement, the Company has expanded its line of credit from $10 million to $15 million. Also, in addition to other cost cutting initiatives recently announced by the Company, the Board of Directors authorized a number of expense reduction measures, including a reduction in compensation paid to non-employee directors.
“We remain committed to returning cash to our shareholders while maintaining financial flexibility to invest in new product development and the growth of our businesses. Our new product sales have grown significantly over the past year and we aim to build on this success by continuing to invest in the business. We are pursuing a number of compelling opportunities that we believe will accelerate new product sales, deliver strong ROI and enhance long-term shareholder value,” commented Roger H.D. Lacey, Chief Executive Officer of CSI.
“Based on recent trades in the Company’s common stock in the last week, the declared dividend of $0.04 per share represents an annual yield of approximately 2.3%, which is in excess of the average yield of our industry peers. The $4.2 million in annualized cash savings generated by the reduction to our quarterly cash dividend, combined with the $5 million increase in our available credit line, will allow us to fund our growth plan while protecting our strong balance sheet,” Mr. Lacey concluded.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on Communications Systems (JCS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- AnPac Bio's (ANPC) First Disease Treatment Patent Granted, and Its Cancer Treatment Project Secured Multi-Million Dollar Funds
- CAI International (CAI) to Be Acquired by Mitsubishi HC for $56/Share, 47% Premium
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividends, Hot Dividends, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!