Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) Tops Q2 EPS by 8c
- Wall St gains with upbeat earnings and forecasts
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Columbus McKinnon (NASDAQ: CMCO) reported Q2 EPS of $0.34, $0.08 better than the analyst estimate of $0.26. Revenue for the quarter came in at $157.79 million versus the consensus estimate of $157.35 million.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Strong sequential improvement demonstrates effectiveness of cost saving and self-help improvement measures
- Revenue up 13.5% over trailing first fiscal quarter to $157.8 million; at high end of expected range
- Operating income of $15.8 million or 10.0% of sales; Adjusted operating income* of $14.0 million, or 8.9% of sales
- Cash from operations in the quarter was $37.4 million driven by a disciplined focus on reducing working capital requirements
- Advancing product launches and broadening offerings in Compass™ configurator
David Wilson, President and CEO of Columbus McKinnon, commented, “We delivered solid results in the quarter achieving the higher end of our expected revenue range and demonstrated our capabilities to drive profitability and strong cash generation in a challenging environment. In fact, the 80/20 Process, a key tool in our business system, contributed $3.4 million in operating income during the quarter, helping to offset headwinds caused by the pandemic. Our strong cash flow and excellent liquidity position enabled our repayment of the $25 million Revolver borrowing in early October.
“We are building momentum as we strengthen our business operating system, evolve the Blueprint for Growth strategy and pivot to growth. Our focus is on identifying opportunities to both deepen our market penetration and expand our addressable markets. We have the financial strength to continue to invest in prioritized growth initiatives even as we carefully manage our operations and ensure the safety and well-being of the Columbus McKinnon team.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Announces Jon R. Moeller Elected President and CEO, Succeeding David Taylor
- Exponent, Inc. (EXPO) Tops Q2 EPS by 6c
- eHealth (EHTH) Tops Q2 EPS by 16c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!