Coherent, Inc. (COHR) Signs Revised Merger Agreement with Lumentum (LITE)
- Wall Street closes lower as virus spike hits travel stocks
- Netflix (NFLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 78c, Subs Miss
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Under the terms of the revised merger agreement, each share of Coherent common stock will be exchanged for $175.00 in cash and 1.0109 shares of Lumentum common stock at the completion of the transaction. The termination fee payable to Lumentum if Coherent accepts a competing acquisition proposal remains unchanged from Coherent's original merger agreement with Lumentum.
The transaction is subject to approval by Coherent's and Lumentum's stockholders, receipt of regulatory approvals in China and South Korea and other customary closing conditions. The applicable waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act has already expired. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of calendar year 2021.
The Coherent board of directors unanimously recommends that Coherent's stockholders vote FOR the proposed merger with Lumentum at the stockholder meeting that will be convened to vote on the merger.
Bank of America and Credit Suisse are serving as financial advisors to Coherent, and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is serving as legal advisor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Avalara (AVLR) Reports Acquisition of DAVO Technologies
- Lumos Pharma (LUMO) Announces Retirement of Carl Langren and Names Lori Lawley CFO in Planned Succession
- Mack-Cali Realty (CLI) Announces $255 Million Sale of Short Hills Office Portfolio
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, BofA/Merrill Lynch
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!