Citigroup (C) to Acquire Costco's U.S. co-Branded Credit Card Portfolio from AmEx (AXP)
- Nasdaq ends at record high as Big Tech roars back
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Bitcoin (BTC) Cracks $30,000 to Hit 6-Month Low, Here Are Next Targets Lower
- Dollar lower as Powell reaffirms pledge to not raise rates too quickly
- Splunk (SPLK) Lands $1 Billion From Silver Lake, Announces Buyback One Day After Activist Rumors Surface
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Citi announced it has signed a definitive agreement with American Express to acquire Costco’s U.S. co-brand credit card portfolio. The transaction is expected to close in mid-2016 at which time Citi will begin issuing Costco credit cards. Financial terms are not being disclosed.
“We are immensely pleased to have entered into an agreement to acquire the Costco portfolio and look forward to a long-term partnership with Costco and the opportunity to deliver value, convenience and seamless service to their 51 million loyal members across the country,” said Jud Linville, Chief Executive Officer, Citi Cards.
Citi is currently working with Costco to provide a new value proposition to its members. Additional information regarding the product offering will be available in the coming months.
Citi does not expect the impact of the acquisition and conversion to be material to its earnings in 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McKesson (MCK) Said to Explore Sale of European, U.K. Business - Bloomberg
- Catchmark Timber Trust (CTT) To Sell 18,063 Acres of Prime Oregon Timberlands for $100M In Cash
- Accuray (ARAY) Announces Promotion of Suzanne Winter to President
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCiti, Twitter, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!