Cinedigm (CIDM), LeEco to Launch Two Additional Streaming Channels
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cinedigm Corp. (Nasdaq: CIDM) announced an expanded partnership with leading global company LeEco to launch two additional streaming channels. Docurama and a yet-to-be named entertainment channel currently in development will launch on LeEco in Q1 2017. Cinedigm already has two over-the-top streaming channels -- Dove Channel and CONtv– available to LeEco consumers on LeEco’s ecophones and ecotvs. In addition, select Cinedigm content is also available within LIVE, LeEco’s innovative integrated content app. The two companies continue to explore additional partnership opportunities for channels and content both domestically and overseas.
LeEco is a leading global company that provides breakthrough experiences through an open, integrated ecosystem of streaming content, enabled by its Internet and cloud platform, and a wide array of next-generation connected smart devices – including smartphones, TVs, bikes, VR and electric cars.
DOCURAMA, a documentary-focused channel, provides over 300 award-winning films and television episodes. The yet-to-be named entertainment channel will be focused on mainstream entertainment content. Both channels are expected to launch in the first quarter of 2017.
Previously announced, Cinedigm already has two channels accessible within LeEco’s ecosystem:
- DOVE CHANNEL, which is targeted to the family audience and offers meaningful mainstream movies, independent films, documentaries and heartwarming TV series and children’s programs. All of Dove Channel’s carefully curated content reflects the time-honored standards of The Dove Foundation and its trusted Seal of Approval.
- CONtv, which is targeted to the enormous and avid Comic Con audience, comprised largely of Millennials. The channel currently boasts 2,500 hours of original programming, curated films and TV episodes, and exclusive Comic Con panel coverage from dozens of annual nationwide conventions.
“We are very pleased to further expand this exciting partnership with LeEco,” said Erick Opeka, EVP of Digital Networks for Cinedigm. “As we launch OUR four streaming channels on their ecosystem, we also look forward to pursuing additional business opportunities with LeEco both in North America and abroad.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cinedigm (CIDM) Announces Record Ad Revenue Enhancements from the Deployment of Amagi's Ad Solutions
- E.W. Scripps Co. (SSP) Misses Q1 EPS by 25c, Revenues Beat
- Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!