Ciena (CIEN) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) reported Q1 EPS of $0.52, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.45. Revenue for the quarter came in at $757.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $749.55 million.
- Q1 Revenue: $757.1 million
- Q1 Net Income per Share: $0.35 GAAP; $0.52 adjusted (non-GAAP)
- Share Repurchases: Repurchased approximately 0.3 million shares of common stock for an aggregate price of $13.2 million during the quarter
"We delivered solid revenue and profitability in the first fiscal quarter in the face of continued challenging market conditions and a dynamic industry environment," said Gary Smith, president and CEO of Ciena. "Our strong market position has enabled us to start the year largely as expected, and we are leveraging our innovation leadership and competitive advantage to deliver on our long-term growth opportunities."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ciena (CIEN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MIND Technology Inc. (MIND) Misses Q4 EPS by 22c, Revenues Miss
- Ballantyne Strong's (BTN) GreenFirst To Acquire Forest and Paper Products Assets in Ontario and Quebec For $214 Million
- AllianceBernstein (AB) Announces March AUM