Churchill Capital Corp II Stockholders (CCX) and Skillsoft Shareholders Approve Merger
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Churchill Capital Corp II ("Churchill II") (NYSE: CCX.U), a special purpose acquisition company, today announced that in a special meeting held today, its stockholders voted to approve its combination with Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. ("Skillsoft"), a global leader in digital learning and talent management solutions. Approximately 97.7% of the votes cast at the meeting, representing approximately 71.5% of Churchill II's outstanding shares, voted to approve the business combination. In addition, at the extraordinary general meeting of the shareholders of Skillsoft held today, its shareholders voted to approve its merger with Churchill II.
The consummation of the business combination is expected to occur tomorrow, June 11, 2021, subject to the satisfaction or waiver of all other closing conditions. Following the completion of this transaction, the combined company expects to acquire Albert DE Holdings Inc. ("Global Knowledge"), a worldwide leader in IT and professional skills development.
The combined company will be named Skillsoft Corp., and it is anticipated that on June 14, 2021, the ticker symbol of its Class A Common Stock will be changed to "SKIL."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) to be Acquired by Sitel Group for $54 Per Share, 31% Premium
- China Customer Relations Centers (CCRC) Shareholders Approve Going Private Transaction
- Climate Change Crisis Real Impact I Acquisition (CLII) Will Transfer to Nasdaq Following Completion of Merger with EVgo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, SPAC
Related EntitiesChurchill Financial Group, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!