China grants Tesla green light to start selling Shanghai-made Model Y SUV
- Wall St subdued at open with Fed meeting in focus
- DraftKings (DKNG) Plunges as Hindenburg's Report Indicates Betting Company's Links to Black Market Operations
- U.S. retail sales fall as spending shifts back to services; producer prices rise
- ZoomInfo (ZI) Gains After Setting $2 Billion 2025 Sales Target, Analysts Positive
- Oil trades at multi-year highs on demand expectations
FILE PHOTO: The company logo is pictured on a Tesla Model X electric car in Berlin, Germany, November 13, 2019. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Yilei Sun and Brenda Goh
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Tesla Inc has obtained permission to start selling its Shanghai-made Model Y sports utility vehicle in China.
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology published the approval on its website on Monday.
Tesla, now sells its Model 3 electric cars in China and has been building new car manufacturing capacity in Shanghai to make its Model Y SUVs. It applied for the Shanghai-made Model Y SUV sales permission earlier this month.
It started delivering vehicles made in its Shanghai factory last December and sold more than 13,000 vehicles in China in October.
The company has started exporting China-made Model 3 cars to Europe and said last week it plans to also start making electric vehicle chargers in China in 2021.
(Reporting by Yilei Sun in Beijing and Brenda Goh in Shanghai; Editing by Shri Navaratnam and Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Packed 5 Years of Performance into 5 Months, Morgan Stanley Sees 5 Things to Drive Shares From Here
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Alibaba executive says founder Jack Ma lying low - CNBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, General News, Reuters
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!