Chevron (CVX) Announces Jeff Gustavson Appointed President, Chevron New Energies; Ryder Booth Named Vice President, Mid-Continent Business Unit
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) today named Jeff Gustavson president, Chevron New Energies, effective August 2, 2021. Gustavson will serve as a corporate officer and report to Chevron Chairman and CEO Michael Wirth.
Gustavson, 49, will lead a new, dedicated organization focused on low carbon business prospects that have the potential to scale. Chevron New Energies’ initial focus will include commercialization opportunities in hydrogen, carbon capture, and offsets and support of ongoing growth in biofuels. Additional detail about these efforts will be provided on September 14th during the company’s Energy Transition Spotlight investor presentation.
“Chevron New Energies reflects our higher returns, lower carbon strategy,” said Wirth. “We believe the dedication of resources in a new organization will accelerate growth in multiple business lines that we expect to be part of a lower carbon energy system.”
Gustavson is currently vice president of Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company and oversees its Mid-Continent Business Unit. He previously served as president of Chevron Canada Limited, and has held positions in Investor Relations, Corporate Strategic Planning, Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Supply & Trading.
In a separate appointment, Ryder Booth, 52, has been named vice president of Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company, leading the Mid-Continent Business Unit and succeeding Gustavson. Booth, currently vice president, Capital Projects, will be responsible for a large resource base of oil and liquids-rich assets in the mid-continent United States, including Chevron’s significant Permian assets in Texas and New Mexico. His appointment is effective August 2, 2021.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regal-Beloit (RBC), Rexnord (RXN) Announce Details For Anticipated Completion Of Combination Of Regal And Rexnord's PMC Business
- Nextdoor to List on NYSE Following Close of Merger With Khosla Ventures Acquisition Co. II (KVSB)
- Chevron (CVX) option implied volatility flat into hosting a virtual lower carbon future conference call
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Related EntitiesDividend, Crude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!