Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Announces Departure Of CEO And Appointment Of Interim CEO
- Indexes close up more than 1% as investors assess Fed news
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices rise, hit 2-month highs on supply worries
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NASDAQ: CHK) today announced the departure of Doug Lawler from his position as Chief Executive Officer of Chesapeake, effective April 30, 2021. Mike Wichterich, the Chair of Chesapeake's Board of Directors, will serve as Interim Chief Executive Officer while the Board of Directors conducts a search for a new Chief Executive Officer, which it expects to complete over the coming months.
Mike Wichterich, Chair of Chesapeake's Board of Directors and Interim Chief Executive Officer, commented, "On behalf of the Board of Directors, Chesapeake's employees and its shareholders, I would like to thank Doug for the vision and leadership he provided for the past 8 years. He guided Chesapeake through a difficult period, repositioned Chesapeake's portfolio of assets, and built a corporate culture which will serve as a platform for future success. I firmly believe that the investment thesis supporting Chesapeake is compelling, and my confidence in the renewed strength of the company continues to grow."
Mr. Wichterich intends to continue in his role as Chair of the Board of Directors following the appointment of Chesapeake's new Chief Executive Officer. During the period that Mr. Wichterich is both the Chair of the Board of Directors and Interim Chief Executive Officer, Matt Gallagher, the Chair of Chesapeake's Nominating and Governance Committee, will serve as Lead Independent Director.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ball Corp. (BLL) Announces New U.S. Beverage Can Plant in Nevada
- Veritex Holdings (VBTX) Announces Board Changes
- Pentair (PNR) Appoints Melissa Barra to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!