Charah Solutions, Inc. (CHRA) Solutions Awarded Two Long-Term Ash Pond Closure Contracts Totaling Approximately 22 Million Cubic Yards by Southeastern Utility
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Charah Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: CHRA) (the "Company"), a leading provider of mission-critical environmental services and byproduct sales to the power generation industry, today announced that it has been awarded two long-term ash pond closure contracts, both closure by removal, by a Southeastern utility.
As part of this contract, Charah Solutions will complete dewatering, ash excavation and ash relocation into existing and newly constructed lined landfill cells, as well as subsequent site closure work at two different sites.
The first project's scope includes the clean closure excavation of approximately 16.5 million cubic yards of ash from two ponds, construction of three new onsite coal combustion residuals (CCR) lined landfills (122 acres in total), landfill operation and maintenance (O&M) of production ash through station retirement, and subsequent closure of the three new CCR lined landfills. This project is scheduled to begin March 2021 and take approximately 16 years to complete. The second project's scope includes clean closure excavation of approximately 5.5 million cubic yards of ponded ash, construction of a new 43-acre onsite CCR lined landfill, dam decommissioning, landfill O&M of production ash, and subsequent closure of one existing CCR lined landfill and the new 43-acre landfill. This project is scheduled to begin March 2021 and take approximately 8 years to complete. At both sites, Landfill O&M services will include operations of silos, CCR material loading and hauling, CCR material placement in the landfill and overall landfill management operations such as erosion and sediment control, active landfill maintenance, landfill cover placement and stabilization, record keeping and dust control.
"Charah Solutions has decades of proven experience and expertise to handle every regulatory, engineering and technical issue related to pond excavation and CCR landfill management," said Scott Sewell, Charah Solutions President and CEO. "We are delighted to offer our full suite of services to meet our customer's specific needs, in this case managing the impoundment excavation and closure, lined landfill construction and onsite CCR operations, ensuring a well-managed and compliant program from start to finish."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aaron's (AAN) Appoints Laura N. Bailey, Timothy A. Johnson and Marvonia P. Moore to Board
- Hartford (HIG) Agrees To Settlement With The Boy Scouts Of America And Pre-announces Estimated First Quarter Prior Year Development And Catastrophe Losses
- Inotiv (NOTV) to Purchase Bolder BioPATH, Inc.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!