Cascade Acquisition Corp. (CAS) Announces Liquidation
- Wall Street ends first day of third quarter with solid rebound
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 254,695 EV Units in Q2, Below Consensus
- Goldman Sachs Warns Clients of More Equity Market Losses in Second Half of 2022
- Kohl's (KSS) Falls 15% After Ending Sale Talks With Franchise Group and Issuing Q2 Warning
- General Motors Warns It Has 95k Vehicles in Inventory Without Certain Components
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cascade Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: CAS) announced today that, due to its anticipated inability to consummate an initial business combination within the time period required by its Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation, the Company intends to dissolve and liquidate in accordance with the provisions of its Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation and will redeem all of the outstanding shares of Class A common stock that were included in the units issued in its initial public offering (the “Public Shares”), at a per-share redemption price of approximately $10.10.
As of the close of business on May 24, 2022, the Public Shares will be deemed cancelled and will represent only the right to receive the redemption amount.
In order to provide for the disbursement of funds from the trust account, the Company has instructed the trustee of the trust account to take all necessary actions to liquidate the trust account. The proceeds of the trust account will be held in a non-interest bearing account while awaiting disbursement to the holders of the Public Shares. Record holders may redeem their shares for their pro rata portion of the proceeds of the trust account by delivering their Public Shares to Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Company, the Company’s transfer agent. Beneficial owners of Public Shares held in “street name,” however, will not need to take any action in order to receive the redemption amount. The redemption of the Public Shares is expected to be completed within ten business days after May 24, 2022.
The Company’s initial stockholders have waived their redemption rights with respect to its outstanding common stock issued prior to the Company’s initial public offering.
There will be no redemption rights or liquidating distributions with respect to the Company’s warrants, which will expire worthless.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- USHG Acquisition Corp. (HUGS) and Panera Brands Will Not Extend Partnership
- Triller Confidentially Submits S-1 On Proposed IPO - Bloomberg
- Whiting (WLL) and Oasis (OAS) Complete Combination, Establishing Chord Energy (CHRD)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, SPAC
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, IPO, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!