Carrier Global adds 6% after deal to sell security unit to Honeywell for $4.95B
- Wall St mixed in choppy trade as investors assess inflation data
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Global equities gain on in-line US inflation, treasury yields dip
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- SEC investigating whether OpenAI misled investors in Altman saga- WSJ
CARR shares rose 5.9% on the news while HON fell 0.9%.
The purchase price reflects approximately 13 times the 2023 estimated EBITDA, inclusive of tax benefits and anticipated cost synergies.
This strategic move is expected to be immediately accretive to Honeywell's cash-EPS in the first full year of ownership, contributing to growth, gross margins, and operating margins.
"Honeywell's strong track record delivering building automation products and services makes this a natural fit that will create a leading security platform with forecasted annual revenue in excess of $1 billion," said Vimal Kapur, Chief Executive Officer, Honeywell.
The acquisition aligns with Honeywell's goal to accelerate innovation, particularly in cloud-based services and solutions, addressing the evolving needs of customers. The combined company aims to deliver enhanced products and capabilities.
Carrier Global Corporation anticipates net proceeds of around $4 billion from the transaction, with plans to utilize the funds for debt reduction.
The company expects to resume share repurchases once net leverage returns to approximately 2x EBITDA. The deal is projected to close by the end of the third quarter of 2024.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amadeus Says Not Interested In Shift4 Payments (FOUR) Transaction
- Reliance and Disney (DIS) forge $8.5 billion Indian media titan via merger deal
- Oshkosh (OSK) Invests in Eatron Technologies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot List, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!